Mark Ruda is a Partner at Condon & Cook with over 30 years of experience. His practice includes defending tort claims, including those involving SIU issues and significant injuries, representing insurance carriers during the claim process as to coverage and SIU issues, defending insurance carriers after lawsuits are filed including breach of contract, bad faith and coverage claims, and defending insurance carriers in uninsured and underinsured motorist claims. Mark has successfully tried to verdict over 50 cases in Cook, DuPage, Lake, Will, McHenry, Grundy, DeKalb and Madison counties in Illinois, and successfully defended and prosecuted appeals in both Illinois and the federal courts.
Mark is a frequent speaker on a variety of topics to professional organizations, including the International Association of Special Investigative Units (IASIU), Property Loss Research Bureau (PLRB), Insurance Committee on Arson Control (ICAC), and insurance carriers on a wide variety of topics.
The Law Bulletin Publishing Company has designated Mark as one of Illinois’ “Leading Lawyers” in both personal injury and toxic tort defense law.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., with high honors) 1983
- Loyola University of Chicago (B.A., with distinction) 1980
- Illinois Supreme Court (1983)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois (1983)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit (1986)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, Trial Bar (1996)
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Chicago Bar Association
- Du Page County Bar Association